Dailekh District is located in Bheri Zone of the Mid-western Development Region of Nepal. It borders with Jajarkot district to the East, Achham district of Seti Zone to the West, Kalikot of Karnali Zone to the North and Surkhet of Bheri Zone to the South.
According to the National Census 2011, the total population of the district is 261,770 comprising 126,990 female (48%) and 134,780 male (52%) residing in 48,915 households. Dailekh district has an average population density of approximately 174 people per square km. The average family size is 5.35. Life expectancy is 58 years. The average literacy rate is approximately 48% (32% female and 65% male are literate).
Year One Results
- 34,605 litres of milk collected (BDC)
- 89,604 kg of fresh vegetable production (PACC)
- 27,861 kg of vegetable and cereal seed production (HSPC)
- 57 Hamri Didis activated
- NPR 6,821 of co-financing from third parties to RAP3 CONNECT (cash & in-kind)
- 31 Future Entrepreneurs Club members
- Policy reform paper recommending a minimum reservation of 33% for women on DCCI Executive Committee passed
No case studies available at this moment!