The Nepal Road Sector Assessment Study found that the rate of road fatalities (per 100,000 inhabitants per year) has risen to 17.1, compared to Cambodia 12.3, Malaysia 3.5 Australia 1.0 and the United Kingdom 0.7. The study also confirms that the rate of accidents is now increasing by over 25% each year. RAP is helping to pioneer road safety assessment as part of the annual road condition surveys that are used to determine maintenance works which should allow road safety engineering responses to be funded through district maintenance budget.
- Local Road Network Asset Management Results
- Economic Infrastructure Management Results
- Income Generation Support Results
- Capacity and Institutional Development Results
- Local Road Network Policy and Harmonisation Results
- Performance Management and Verification Results
- Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Results