Doti District is located in Seti Zone of the Far-Western Development Region of Nepal. It borders with Achham and Surkhet districts to the East, Dadeldhura and Baitadi districts to the West, Bajhang district to the North and Kailali district to the South.
According to the National Census 2011, the total population of this district is 211,750 comprising 114,498 female (54.04%) and 97,252 male (45.93%) residing in 41,440 households. Doti district has an average population density of around 105 people per square km. The average family size is 4.99. The average life expectancy is 55 years for women and 50 years for men. The average literacy rate is approximately 59.4% (45.66% female and 76.65% male).
Year One Results
- 111,480 kg of ginger and turmeric production (OMF)
- 213,100 kg of vegetable and cereal production (DAFACOS, total production across Achham, Bajura, Dadeldhura and Doti)
- 267,554 kg of poultry meat production (STOS)
- 22 Hamri Didis activated
- NPR 276,923 of co-financing from third parties to RAP3 CONNECT (cash & in-kind)
- Policy reform paper recommending a minimum reservation of 33% for women on DCCI Executive Committee passed
No case studies available at this moment!